PAINTING IN SERIES


Sincerely, it's being a long struggle with this notion, this "painting in series" thing which I believe is a modern era thing. I use to be of the opinion that an artist should paint what he wants and the way he wants it. Besides, I easily get bored painting within a particular theme or a related subject matter; one, two paintings and my inspiration is already yearning for another experience. 
So I stumbled into this "clown series" and I said to myself, how about using this to unify all my figurative expressions? So I decided to give it a try. I started with the "clown's dirge" series, lost interest and then came back with a little twist to the depth of the clown story. 
Story!! This is very important when working on a series, else, you get bored before you know it. 
Here are few lessons I have learnt in this series race (though it's still new to me)😩
1. Don't rush into doing a series. Explore what you wish until you have found a considerable ground for a series.
2. Build a story. I would say, I fell into a deep thought, the moment in between, depression and deep expression considering the state of the nation and the need to keep smiling, I found out we all have to wear a mask.
3. Now we ride. Build on this story and keep painting. However, don't be a slave to this "series". Who knows, you might stumble into something better.
This is a new development for me and I hope to keep this momentum and keep this series going. So officially, I am working on a clown series 🤡.

Comments

Popular Posts